Monday, July 20, 2009

Garth Update

I took Garth to have a meal this evening and he was absolutely charming sitting outside with me. When we where leaving a person showed up with a dog in his truck. For some reason he took his dog out of the CAGE and Garth was not happy about this. Actually the other dog charged him just before I was putting Garth in the van and Garth met him face to face. My dog was on leash, his was not. Garth put him down pretty quick (I dropped the leash, Garth is a little guy at only 94lbs) and then I pulled him into my van and we left. I still chalk it up as a good evening because Garth was getting pets from lots of people before this other stuff happened. The other dog was in no shape to fight after this and it only lasted about 30 seconds. My only advice I can give is to drop the leash, your adult dog must not be confused with you holding on if being attacked. I went and opened my van door and then went and pulled Garth off the other dog. I had to be stern to make him let go, he had a hold on the other dogs face. Garth might be on the smaller size compared to most boerboels but.......If you saw him you would not want to challenge him. At just under 100lbs he is still a formidable force. He is still my Ambassador around here, I raised him to be easy with people and other dogs. I can't stop him from defending himself though. That would be wrong on my part. Oh he was a little Lion this evening.

No comments: