Thursday, July 23, 2009

One Tough Boerboel




This is one tough boerboel. He went straight for the door and to my van when I picked him up this afternoon. The good news is there was no sign of whatever took over his shoulder spreading to nearby bones or muscle. His body rejected the shoulder after almost three years of having the metal in there. Test results in 5-7 days to determine what was actually growing in that leg. Just look at that face, that is the face of one tough boerboel dog. He is up and around with no problems, I do need him to calm down and rest.
Update: I did try and let his brother in to see Mac and he was not good with that. I think he feels vulnerable with the leg gone and all the medications. Mac's way of dealing with that is to stand up for himself on all three legs and put his hair up, his brother Assero didn't appreciate that display and didn't back down so I separated them. I think things will be fine tomorrow. Mac might just be so tired he is grumpy, we will see tomorrow.

No comments: